Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Summer Is Winding Down

Can you believe that it is already August 8? In exactly one week, the staff at my school will be reporting back for duties. Meetings, home visits, training, looking at new curriculum- so much to do before the students come back.

Are you ready? If you're like me, the excitement of returning to school usually hits after the first faculty meeting. Ideas start swimming around in my head about bulletin board designs, what new activities can I use with my students this year, and so on.

One of the benefits of taking a class or workshop during the summer is the opportunity to meet educators from other schools and districts. Talk about a brainstorming and sharing bonanza! Then again, you have to say to yourself, "Now what can I take back with me to adapt and use in my classroom?" This is what I'm experiencing this week as I sit through my Web2.0 workshop. What a blessing to be able to have the ability to openly share with others in you professional field.

Wherever you are in your preparations for returning back to school, I hope you take some time and reflect back on your "recharging" summer and become enthused about your school year to come.

No comments: